Teaching Schools give outstanding schools a leading role in the training and professional development of teachers, support staff and headteachers, as well as contributing to the raising of standards through school-to-school support. Our alliance is a collaborative multi school alliance led by three teaching schools; Broughton High School, Queen’s Drive Primary and Archbishop Temple School.
How we work
- The Preston TSA is a primary/secondary alliance designed to raise standards for all children through improving the quality of teaching and leadership.
- The Preston Teaching School alliance will offer training and support for our alliance and identify and coordinate expertise from our alliance, using the best leaders and teachers to:
- Play a greater role in training new entrants to the profession.
- Lead peer-to-peer professional and leadership development.
- Identify and develop leadership potential.
- Provide support for other schools.
- Designate and broker specialist leaders of education (SLEs).
- Encourage research and development.
- These areas are commonly referred to as ‘the big six’.
- The leadership of the Alliance involves a strategic management group, a forum including all the strategic partners and named individuals responsible for the ‘big six’.
- There is a development plan for each of the six areas with clear links to the relevant KPIs.
- Open, clear, routine communication will be essential to the success of the Preston TSA. Staff at partner schools are be kept informed by briefings, emails and being involved in the delivery of aspects of the TSA.
- The Preston TSA is designed to enhance the provision at every member school. Through active engagement with the Preston TSA, it is expected that standards at every school will rise as colleagues are exposed to good practice elsewhere and they work alongside people from other schools.
- The Preston TSA is one of 500 such Alliances throughout the country. We work extremely closely with local Alliances including The Catholic TSA, Ripley TSA, The Fylde TSA and Bishop Rawstorne TSA.
- A self-improving school system is at the heart of school improvement. Teaching Schools are a pivotal part of this national strategy.